Friday, September 2, 2011

50 Recipes and counting...

So I had this very spontaneous urge to throw fate into the wind and...drum roll...audition for the food network show!  Soooo crazy right?  You truely do not ever know unless you try.  Am I a chef? Not yet.  Can I cook?  Well, I can certainly hold my own spoon in the kitchen, so to speak.  I thought that I needed to start putting all of the delicious-ness I prepare on paper for others to enjoy:)
Here goes...In my house we eat "Italian style".  Meaning tablecloth everytime (to catch the crumbs of bread of course).  We enjoy primo (first) and secondi (second) dishes and sometimes something dolci (sweet). 


Primo Piatto






Farfalle with Creamy saffron Tomato Sauce

Farfalle for four (8oz.)
12 campari tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
olive oil
s & p
2 dollops of mascarpone cheese
6 leaves of sage
1 envelope of saffron
quarter tomatoes, toss in hot pan with olive oil, minced garlic and s & p until the tomatoes start to break down and make a sauce.  Add mascarpone, sage and saffron Toss with farfalle which has been cooked al dente (just done) in a pot of sea-salty water.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment