Monday, October 31, 2011

Viva l'Italia!

AAhhh...Italy...such an amazing, beautiful place.... to get fat!  I gained 5 lbs. this last trip...BUT oh so worth it:)  I guess you could say we ate our way around parts of the country.  Forget the architecture, the culture or the breathtaking views of Lago di Como. My pics are all plates of food!  Lets start with Genova.  In the region of Liguria. We ate some of the best Mediterranean seafood ever!  
Straight from the sea that morning!  Little octopus, (I LOVE octopus!) fish and Shrimp...de-lish.
Zuppa Di Pesce (seafood stew).  Sooo good, it has to be the the Mediterranean sea salty stock they make it with.  I finished the whole bowl:)
My almost finished bowl of mussels, which have an intoxicating  Italian name that has left me since crossing the Atlantic...(I was deep into enjoyment and remembered to snap a pic!)  
In the corner is their world re-known Genovese Pesto.
So simply perfect.  We visited the tiny famous shop where they make it by hand daily, or maybe hourly.
The locals say the line is around the block on Christmas Day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment